Sunday 27 May 2012

Quarter 4



The activity was SIKAK badminton. SIKAK badminton is a tournament were different schools from all around Saudi Arabia. There were ten teams competing for the gold. To make the badminton team you had to be in the top 4 best badminton players in our school. This tournament was for 16 and under so we ended up playing people in High school.

The purpose of this tournament was to see which team was the best in Saudi Arabia. In the tournament faced many teams that were challenging. I won 3 matches out of the whole tournament which is not that good but considering I am 2 years younger than all the opponents I guess that is ok. The only part I enjoyed about this tournament was playing doubles with my friend Hamza. We won two doubles matches and it is fun to win with you friend.

In this SIKAK experience I learned many new things like cooperating with your team. I learned to work with my partner by calling mine if I was going to hit the birdy. We worked out a system that worked well for us. Hamza was in the back and I was in the front.


I could have learned more if we had more badminton practices. I also could have practiced at home, but badminton is just not my sport. I could have learned differently if I had a different coach, but I would never want to change my coach. I also could have learned more if I played agents different people.

This activity helped me accomplish my goal of making every sports team this year. This year my personal goal was to make all the sports team such as volleyball, soccer, cross country, basketball, and badminton. The SIKAK badminton was a great experience and I hope to have much more like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.