Sunday 27 May 2012

Quarter 3


This is the basketball team

Me scoring

VERY CLOSE TO DUNKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!


The activity was SIKAK basketball; it was the most exhilarating event of the year for me. For this tournament we had to travel from Al Khobar to Jeddah. We travel in a plane to Jeddah and it took about two hours to get there. We had to be at the school at 5am to leave on the bus to go to Dammam airport. When we got there we checked in and ate. We got on the plane I was sleepy and exited at the same time because it was my first time to travel on a plane with the school. When we reached AISJ we placed our bags in the locker room and went off to scope out the compotation. We played a first match an hour later and we trashed the Yanbo team. We played two more matches that day and we won them both. Later that day I went home with my host. He took me to TGI Fridays and I had a great time. When we got home I was completely existed and feel strait to sleep. The next day we found out that we were first seed which meant we were the best team so far. We played our first match and won. The next match was to get in to the finals. It was a close match but in the end we lost by 2 baskets.  We later played for 3rd place agenst DBGS and won 25 to 10.






The purpose of SIKAK basketball was to see which team was the best in Saudi. I do believe we were the best but we lost a close that I got fouled out in the end of the 3rd quarter. The reason I tried out for basketball is because it has been something I loved since I was 5. I was disappointed, but I still had hope for my team. The main purpose of SIKAK basketball was to make new memories and win games. Winning is not everything, but it is sure fun to win.






During SIKAK basketball I learned to work as a team. This helped us towards winning some crucial matches. I also learned that even if someone is bigger than you can still get the rebound if you play bigger than them by boxing them out. I also learned that AISJ had some thin burgers that were not worth your time. All in all I loved the experience and hope to have another one just like this one.






I could have learned more if I practiced more or if I went to a basketball camp. I don't know exactly how I could have learned more from an experience, but I think I leaned all that need to be learned. The most difficult part of the preparing for SIKAK basketball was remembering three simple plays, give and go, pick and roll, and dribble through. Fortunately I learned all the plays before SIKAK.






SIKAK basketball helped me work towards my long term goal of getting a basketball scholarship. This experience greatly improved my skills, ball handling, and shooting. I know getting a basketball scholarship is a long shoot, but it is just something I would like to work towards doing. This also related to my goal of learning how to dunk, because over the course of the basketball season I can just fell that I am getting closer and closer to the rim. Sooner or later I will accomplish this goal.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.