Sunday 27 May 2012

Quarter 2




The activity was SIKAK Soccer. SIKAK Soccer is a tournament were different schools from all around Saudi Arabia. There were ten teams competing for the gold. To make the volleyball team you had to be in the top 10 best Soccer players in our school.





The purpose of this tournament was to see which team was the best in Saudi Arabia. In the tournament faced many teams that were challenging. We made it to the quarter finals and played AISJ to get in to the finals. The game went on without a single goal for both quarters. The game went in to penalties, we were up first. We scored the first three; the opposing team did as well. The next player from our team missed and we were eliminated. We played DBGS for 3rd place. This game was a walk in the park we beat DBGS 3 - 0 and I scored the first goal.




In this SIKAK experience I learned many new things like cooperating with your team. I also learned how to be a good leader, to keep the team together when we were losing. The most valuable thing I learned is doesn’t take a penalty if you don't think you are going to score. Even if the coach insists if you are not psychologically ready do not take the penalty.




I could have learned more if we had more soccer practices. I also could have gone to a soccer camp in Barcelona. I could have learned differently if I had a different coach, but I would never want to change my coach. I also could have practice more in my compound with the league that I play for.




This activity helped me get closer to become a professional soccer player. My long term goal is to get a scholarship for playing soccer and this activity helped me get closer to that goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.