Sunday 27 May 2012

Quarter 4

WIRE SCULPTURE


The activity was the wire sculpture. In this activity we were required to create a wire sculpture of anything we wanted. I created a wire sculpture on a man dunking on a basketball hoop. This project was the funniest project so far. We got to bend metal with players and we also go to plaster our sculpture.



The purpose of this activity was to introduce the class a new type of art. We had never done a wire sculpture before so it was fun to try something new. This project required us to use one piece of wire throughout the whole structure.



During this activity I learned how to bend wire to my liking. I also learned how to shop a piece of wire into a basketball hoop. I also learned how to plaster. This was interesting because I had never done this before. I also learned how to make the hoop stand up straight without the support of an extra wire.



I could have learned more if I did a different type of wire sculpture. I also could have learned more if I researched about wire sculptures online. I also could have learned more if we had more the one project about wire sculptures.



This activity did not relate to my goal but is did help me to become a better artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.