Sunday 16 May 2010

Quarter 4

The activity was P.O.W 4 # was all about finding out how much a boy payed for a box of baseball cards. This P.O.W really made me think and I Liked that it was challenging. In this P.O.W. we had to find out how much the box of cards would be if it was 1/4 of the percent off. Then we had to add 7% sales tax.

The purpose of this P.O.W. was to challenge us and teach us for the real world, because in life there is going to be sales and you should learn how to deduce the special price, so you don't get cheated. This P.O.W was the funnest P.O.W yet!!!




Doing this P.O.W. helped me learn how to reduce the price for sales and add price for sales tax. This P.O.W, taught me that there are easy ways to find out how much something costs with sales tax.




I could have learned more if I used different methods of solving the problem, but in the end I got a 9.5 out of 10. I know I could have done better but I am happy that I was able to learn the material needed for doing this P.O.W.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.